Pulmonology is a subspecialty of internal medicine that specializes in diagnosing and treating lung diseases and conditions, as well as chest infections and breathing problems.Our lungs help us breathe and exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide so that our body can properly function. Illness or disease in the airways, lung tissue or cardiovascular system, or from neurological or muscular conditions, limit the amount of air that reaches the lungs.
Pulmonologists on A.G.Padmavati’s Hospital offer advanced diagnostic and treatment options and often partner with other medical specialties—such as cardiology, neurology, oncology, and surgery —to manage and treat acute and chronic respiratory and pulmonary disorders.
Health problems treated by a pulmonologist:
- Acute and chronic pulmonary emboli
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Fungal infections of the lung
- Granulomatous lung diseases
- Hepatolpulmonary syndrome
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary vascular disease
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Sleep disorders
- Smoking cessation
- Tuberculous and notuberculous mycobaterial pulmonary disease